Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rainy day blues

We've come into Chisinau for the weekend, more or less.

Yesterday a few days ago we ate at El Paso, the mexican food place and it was DELICIOUS! *bonus, there was no whipped cream. There I Zio and I met two Moldovans and a Greek that worked for the EU commission. We talked for a while and they gave us some really great places to go to in the city. I'm not sure I can read all of her handwritting, but they were so nice and the neighborhood was really nice too. Then Zio and I wandered around the city more and ended up at Number 1, the biggest grocery store here. We attempted to buy some cookies for our family-gazda... it wasn't pretty. We asked for a kilogram, b/c that's all we know how to say, of cookies and so walked out of the store with enough bisquites to feed a small village... for $2!

They're good and Ionel was very excited. Yesterday during breakfast he made a mad-dash for his bike, which he's still too small to ride, turned around, gave me his best james dean, blew me a kiss and tried to ride off in the sunset. The best he could do was make the vroom sound, but it was cute. He's finally warmed up to me... it only took 2 months.

Today, Lori, Suz, Becca and I came into the city to get our fortune read, but apparently the woman doesn't work on Sundays. She's very famous and even the police here use her, just like Medium! Becca's sister-gazda came with us; she was tall, thin and gorgeous- of course. Right now I'm just postponing making my lesson plans, so I suppose I need to go.

1 comment:

deleted said...

what's wrong with whipped cream?