Monday, July 14, 2008

Americanca...

My first Moldovan blog update!!!! yay. I just got back from my future site, which i'm not allowed to tell you, and it was really super great... except for it being 5 hrs away! There is another volunteer there right now but he leaves in 2 weeks, but I'm living with his grandmother in my own little house (but have no fear she still cooks for me). The town is rather rich because they have potato farms...

The sunflowers here are unbelievable, they totall surrounded the road and I couldn't see anything but yellow. It's going to be sad when they harvest them, just a bunch of sad little stems. Until I move there I've been living in a small village south of the capital with 8 other volunteers. We sorta love each other! Everyday after Romanian school we go to the local bar and hang out until dinner, we really are living the sweet life. I thought this was supposed to be hard?! Who am I kidding though I'll be crying when it hits -35 degrees!

For the fourth of July we partied with the embassy folk. It was way to posh for me- I showed up in a tshirt, rolled jeans and sneakers. It should be noted that Moldovan women walk around dirt roads with 3 inch stilleto heals and skirts shorter than my underwear! So the Americans are drinking beer and coke light and making a rucus while the Moldovans stared at us in horror. Eventually we all stripped down to our skivvys and jumped into the pool... imagine the gasps at that! It turned out not to be such a good idea since I had to walk around the rest of the night sopping wet, but my PSU sweatshirt kept warm enough, thank goodness for dear old state.

While everyday is an adventure, my life is actually fairly boring because I can't recall all of the crazy things that happen. My friend Lory stole a stray dog (that turns out not to be stray) and my host mother tried to get me to eat chicken jello, with the leg still attatched.

On some sidenotes...

Suz, where the F is our securtiy depostit?

And for those that knew me during my Josh Hartnett faze... he's filming a movie in Romania and I'm way tempted to swing on by if ya know what I mean. He's not still with Scarlett is he?

I MISS YOU ALL!!!! xoxooxo

No comments: