Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I've just had my first very Moldovan Thanksgiving... 

This saturday I went to Chisinau to spend my first real American holdiday away from home!  One poor girl organized the whole thing for around 70 volunteers.  We had all the necessities: Turkey (free range, of course), homemade stuffing, gravy, potatoes, greenbeans and cranberry sauce.  Though i must say that, seeing as this was literally poured out of a can, mom's is way better.  The night before I made some curried meat because i got a little homesick for our wacky trans-continental Thanksgiving... Normally Is brings the susi and Phil the peking duck, but this year everything was way too American, except for plachinte (fried dough with vegetables inside) via Zio's host mother.  We sat around for hours eating and watching Indiana Jones.  

Eventually we the party dispersed and we headed to the town.  And in the American sprit we headed to an Irish pub.  The poor people working there, at around 9 o'clock 25 Americans bombarded their club singing ballads, courtesy of VH1.  My routiera is coming soon so i have to dash, more details about my holiday shinannigans soon! miss everyone

1 comment:

LifeBlogger said...

wait, what r u doing in Moldova for such a long time???